New Coming Phones 2014
The year 2014 is still long way to come. But, it’s gonna here soon. What do you think of the new coming phones (smartphones or tablets) for 2014?
Here is a list of near future developments in the smartphone industry, hopely starting as soon in 2014.
- Wearable, augmented-reality glasses: This device seems like the most radical of all new smartphone designs that can be controled with eyes and voice. Google is much farther ahead than Apple with their Google Glass project. It is available for a few Android developers so far and may arrive for consumers by end of year for $1,500. According to CNET and The Verge report that “Glass will be able to connect via Bluetooth to both Android phones and the iPhone. Glass can pull down data from wifi or use the 3G or 4G feed from a connected phone, but it won’t have its own cellular radio.”
- Smartphones will have 3D displays without special 3D glasses. Instead, the future devices can show the images outside the smartphone like those seen in science fiction movies.
- Wireless Payment is starting to gain popularity with a number of retailers accept mobile payments. Google Wallet and PayPal seem being the leaders for this kind of technology. This means physical wallets are completely replaced by electronic payments soon.
- Password will be replaced by biometric security for authentication. In the future, to gain access to a websites, files, or an account, it will be common to use facial features, finger prints or voice that can be integrated in a smartphone.
- Smartphones can be connected to unlimited devices via Bloetooth. You may connect and navigate those various devices using virtual assistants like Google Voice and Siri. These two assistants will become more smarter and they will offer more complex features.
- Gesture-controlled smartphone – Gaming device that is smart enough to ‘see and read’ people gestures and facial expressions.
Some of these prototype smartphones are expected to be seen during Mobile World Congress this year in Barcelona.
Foldable, transparent and multi-screen smartphones
Transparent Smartphone – A ‘fully transparent’ prototype fancy smartphone has been developed by Taiwanese company Polytron Technologies. It’s far different from the common phones seen today.
However, several internal devices such as the battery, SIM card, circuit paths, SD card, and microphone can be seen. In addition, the current version can not make calls (yet). According to Mobile Geeks, Polytron plans to produce limited production by the end of the year.
Samsung’s bendable cell phone screen – At CES 2013, Samsung showed off a 4.5-inch bendable cell phone screen that has an 800×480 pixel resolution. The thick is 0,3mm that can be bend in a wave or arc. On the same event, the maker of Gorilla Glass 3 showed off a Willow Glass that can be curved into a deep arc without breaking. The glass would be able to use for rounded and circular structures in future products like smartphones.
Flexible future from Apple – The iPhone maker has patented a method that could help propel glass screens into a flexible one. According to Wired, the new patent was awarded by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. It has offered insight into the potential form and function of an iWatch, a portable electronic device that can be worn on the wrist with a flexible surface display capability.
Transparent Smartphone Screen – Futuristic smartphone prototype, where science fiction meets reality. Users can control its transparent double-sided touch screen from both side, from the front or rear of the phone. The sensational device was shown off by Japanese wireless carrier NTT DoCoMo and Fujitsu at the 17th annual ExpoComm Wireless Japan expo 2012.
It’s dual-sided OLED touch screen smartphone, featuring a 2.4-inch OLED screen (320×240) and used an Android operating system. However, compared to a common smartphone, the new device needs to improve the brightness.
Add your comment on what you are expecting for the new phones 2014